Where there are
Purple floors and carpet
and
Red Poles
and
Beta Fish
and
Warm Fuzzies
and
Paper Plate Awards
and
Ribbons
and
Pictures
and
Magnets
and
Journals
and
Posters
and
Purple curtains
and
Visible neon signs
and
books
and
Pictures of
My favorite people
To see.
I want to work
Where there are
Bags of popcorn
and
Peppermints
and
Pizzas
and
Cookies
and
Lots and lots
Of Candy,
Like
Lollipops
and
Skittles
and
Gummy fruit snacks
and
Very, very, very
Yummy cake pops
To taste.
I want to work
Where there are
Scents of
Paper
and
Paint
and
Theatre
and
Chocolate
To smell.
I want to work
Where there are
Hands to hold
and
Hugs to give
and
High-fives to receive
and
Work for my hands
and
Lives
To touch.
I want to work
Where there is
Laughter
and
Singing
and
Talking
and
Children playing
and
Precious voices
To hear.
I want to work
Where I can
Be myself
and
Want to go to work
and
Where the people are
Loving
and
Caring
and
Smiling
and
Happy.
I want to work
At LCT.
(Note: This poem was inspired by the two hours I spent copying music on a copy machine at LCT last night. Usually using a copier for two hours would be extremely boring...but last night I realized that at LCT...work is always fun. And the people who work there always seem so happy to be there. How many other working people can say that????)
I do to. GO LCT!
ReplyDelete~Jenna (anonymous)