

Jr. Company and Company B
Many people in Lexington know what the Lexington Children’s Theatre is. Maybe you have been to see a show there or even taken a class. I started Jr. Company (a year-long company for middle school kids) this year, and am hoping to be in Company B (the high school company) next year. I totally encourage you to audition for Company if you are in middle or high school and interested in the least about theatre.
In order to get into Company, you must audition in September of each year. For Jr. Company (Jr.), you have to memorize a monologue, and for Company B (B) you have to have two contrasting monologues, or a monologue and a song. When you audition, don’t be scared, because everyone down at the theatre is super nice and amazing. The auditions are super fun, but getting in is even better!
At Companies, Mr. Jeremy (B’s leader) gives announcements for volunteer opportunities (you must have at least 30 hours of volunteer time in the year). Then we all do warm-ups that are tons of fun. Some of them include “Czechoslovakia”, “Baker Ninja”, and “What are you doing”. They are all so much fun and are absolutely hilarious. After that, we split up and Jr. goes up to one of the studios upstairs with Ms. Amie. Then we work on our units. The units can be almost anything about theatre. Jr. just finished our unit on “movement” and B is about to finish their unit on directing. At the end of each unit, we do a showcase. Jr. just did our showcase and B’s is on March 1st.
Company is a big commitment. Not only do you have to be there every Tuesday for 2 hours (2 ½ hours for B), but you also have to get 15 hours of volunteer time each semester. That means that you have to go usher shows, label flyers that they send out, do script reading for Ms. Viv, decorate the lobby, or even do the clean-up day. They make all of these fun, but ushering is the best, because you get to see the AMAZING shows! Even if you aren’t in Company, you should totally go see the shows (Anne Frank and Me is coming up on March 5th and 6th) because they are so awesome!
Company is a big commitment, but it is so worth it! It has been the most fun I have had this year! Not only that, but it also challenges me as an actress, I’ve gotten to meet new people from different schools, and I have become a lot less shy. So, I encourage you to audition. If you don’t make it, or are too young to audition, you can still take super fun classes on weeknights, weekends, and spring/ summer/ fall/ Christmas break. If actually performing doesn’t appeal to you, you can still go and see shows, because everyone can enjoy them all. To find out more about any of these things, check out http://www.lctonstage.com/. I hope to see you around the theatre soon!
Many people in Lexington know what the Lexington Children’s Theatre is. Maybe you have been to see a show there or even taken a class. I started Jr. Company (a year-long company for middle school kids) this year, and am hoping to be in Company B (the high school company) next year. I totally encourage you to audition for Company if you are in middle or high school and interested in the least about theatre.
In order to get into Company, you must audition in September of each year. For Jr. Company (Jr.), you have to memorize a monologue, and for Company B (B) you have to have two contrasting monologues, or a monologue and a song. When you audition, don’t be scared, because everyone down at the theatre is super nice and amazing. The auditions are super fun, but getting in is even better!
At Companies, Mr. Jeremy (B’s leader) gives announcements for volunteer opportunities (you must have at least 30 hours of volunteer time in the year). Then we all do warm-ups that are tons of fun. Some of them include “Czechoslovakia”, “Baker Ninja”, and “What are you doing”. They are all so much fun and are absolutely hilarious. After that, we split up and Jr. goes up to one of the studios upstairs with Ms. Amie. Then we work on our units. The units can be almost anything about theatre. Jr. just finished our unit on “movement” and B is about to finish their unit on directing. At the end of each unit, we do a showcase. Jr. just did our showcase and B’s is on March 1st.
Company is a big commitment. Not only do you have to be there every Tuesday for 2 hours (2 ½ hours for B), but you also have to get 15 hours of volunteer time each semester. That means that you have to go usher shows, label flyers that they send out, do script reading for Ms. Viv, decorate the lobby, or even do the clean-up day. They make all of these fun, but ushering is the best, because you get to see the AMAZING shows! Even if you aren’t in Company, you should totally go see the shows (Anne Frank and Me is coming up on March 5th and 6th) because they are so awesome!
Company is a big commitment, but it is so worth it! It has been the most fun I have had this year! Not only that, but it also challenges me as an actress, I’ve gotten to meet new people from different schools, and I have become a lot less shy. So, I encourage you to audition. If you don’t make it, or are too young to audition, you can still take super fun classes on weeknights, weekends, and spring/ summer/ fall/ Christmas break. If actually performing doesn’t appeal to you, you can still go and see shows, because everyone can enjoy them all. To find out more about any of these things, check out http://www.lctonstage.com/. I hope to see you around the theatre soon!
Omg i love "what are you doing?" I did that with Mr. Jeremy at summer camp there.... betcha didn't know that! :P LOL Have you done "Zip-Zap-Boing"?
ReplyDeleteAAAHHH! Yes I've done Zip-Zap-Boing! I love that game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It rocks:D I didn't even know you took a camp there! Mr. Jeremy is awesome! What camp was it?
ReplyDelete