My Life is a Musical

I should write a book with that title!

Jul 1, 2011

We're So "Ready To Perform"....hahahaha

So, we got onto the stage last night (no...the stage is not complete yet...but it is looking amazing!). Guess how long Act 1 is at this point....drum roll please...2.5 hours!!!!!!!!! Haha! We were working with Sandy (a live dog) and while he is very well behaved dog, he still isn't coming when Annie yells "SANDY!" The thing is...he'll stay with Will (the dog catcher) for parts of it, before running back to it's real owner. So, Will tries to keep the dog with him and/or push it to Alex (Annie), but last night the dog got away from Will and started running around the stage. Oh, and just a heads up...if you come see the show...in scenes with servants in them...watch the "manservents." Mr. Michael and Will are hilarious! Ok...here's some inside jokes from what has happened so far (this is mostly so I remember them...)
1. "We have a bucket situation!"
2. "It's the mass exodus of orphans!"
3. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
4. "Zere was a fire in zee lobby and I was putting it out with my shirt so..."
5. Case...aka...Sandy!
6. Harold
7. "Squeaky mouse; probably not a good choice when the dog's onstage."
8. "Guess what time it is!"
9. "And now Ms. Amie breaks her ankle..."
10. "Hans...quit looking at the dog!!!!"
11. "This would have been a good question to ask before now, but is anyone afraid of dogs?"
"Hans is!"
12. "Boys, why do we sound like we're from Germany?!"
13. "That's it...we're ready to perform!"
14. "Well, Act 1 only takes 2 and 1/2 hours!"
15. Encore for Easy Street
16. "You have to come onstage for me to shoo you off!"
17. "I think all the orphans should come onstage at the end and sing Easy Street."
"Yeah, Ms. Amie would say, 'Sure, after the audience leaves!'"

Oh, the funny things that happen at LCT...

2 comments:

  1. Harold is the mouse, right? Haha this is funny, and I don't even know the jokes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Harold is the mouse/rat thingy! I'll have to tell you all about the inside jokes the next time we get together!

    ReplyDelete